16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 1:40 AM by AbhigyanModi

Error

Aagon

Recently, I think after I downloaded the latest version, I've had trouble with a pdf document that I did not have issues with before. I reinstalled adobe but am still having issues.  I am getting the following messages:

There was an error processing a page.  There was a problem reading this document. (135)

Insufficient data for this document.

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Error
          Aagon Level 1

Just to add more detail - after this error comes up, the next page is either partially or completely blank.  I'm also sometiems getting Insufficient data to display image, which displays a blank image.

• 2. Re: Error
            AbhigyanModi Adobe Employee

I am assuming this happens for a specific document. Would it be possible for you to post that document ?

• 3. Re: Error
              blacboat

We are having the same error on numerous web downloaded documents. Same messages. Running Win 7, 4 gigs memory, Acer laptops. All ok before the recent update. Hope someone figures this out soon

Thanks

blacboat

• 4. Re: Error

Again, can you post links to some of those web documents so that we can figure if it's a machine or document specific problem.

• 5. Re: Error
                  blacboat Level 1

http://www.newyorkfed.org/research/staff_reports/sr458.pdf

this problem was on a 32 bit running W7 starter

thanks

• 6. Re: Error

thanks. I was able to open and scroll through the entire document with Reader 9.3.3. But then, I am on a Dell desktop with Windows 7 enterprise (32 bit), IE 8.

Which browser are you using? Do you also see the problem if you download the file to the disk and open it in Reader application?

• 7. Re: Error
                      blacboat Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I am using Chrome 5.037. It might be mostly on secure

websites. I have had some successes, but have been on the machines very

little for a couple of days and no current notes. I'll reply again after a

day or so of trying to open PDF's

Thanks again, hope to email you soon

Jon Wetzel

• 8. Re: Error
                        blacboat Level 1

hi again,

Here is another one that didn’t work on the 64 bit machine, W7 Chrome. Most

PDFs worked

http://www.providence.org/healthplans/pdfs/individualplans/individualplanoverview.pdf

Thanks again,

Jon Wetzel

• 9. Re: Error
                          Jan13S

I am having the same page errors described above.  I'd be happy to upload a sample file with these errors, but I can figure out how to upload a file (could only find the icons for uploading a video, image or link).  I am running on an HP 32 bit with Chrome 5.0.375 browser.

• 10. Re: Error
                            Jan13S Level 1

http://tinyurl.com/26mg3je

Here is the URL for a pdf that is coming up with page load errors.

Thanks in advance for the help!

• 11. Re: Error
                              Jan13S Level 1

Troubleshooting this page load error problem further, I have isolated it to docs downloaded while in the Chrome browser.  When I download the same doc in IE8, it loads just fine. Hmmm...

• 12. Re: Error
                                DonC46

This past week, after updating Adobe Reader, I have developed the same problem on PDF's that previously opened fine : "There was an error processing a page.  There was a problem reading this document (135)."

I am using:  Microsoft Windows Vista, Version 6.0.6002  Service Pack 2

I use and prefer Google Chrome (5.0.375.125) although I have Internet Explorer (8.00.6001.18702)

Adobe Reader 9.3.3.177

These PDF's opened fine on other PC's but not mine.  After reading this ERROR post I tested using IE on my PC and magic, they open fine without error.

I think this points to an incompatibility with the latest update of Adobe Reader and Chrome.  I never had this problem with previous versions of Adobe Reader and Chrome.

• 13. Re: Error
                                  chezbrown

I noticed the same errors with Chrome 5.0.375.125. Files opened fine using IE. My solution was to change the settings within adobe reader, edit preferences, the internet section and uncheck "display pdf in browser". Now the PDF files open in reader, without any errors. Hope this helps. Until Adobe/chrome figure it out.

• 14. Re: Error
                                    DonC46 Level 1

Thanks Chezbrown,  I unchecked "display pdf in browser" in Adobe Reader properties and my documents are displaying fine without errors!

• 15. Re: Error
                                      micoder

This problem of corrupted pdfs has been haunting me for months. I have reader 9.3.3 with window 7 pro 64 bit. I downloaded my pdfs with Chrome. Obviously a poor decision.

After hearing you solution I began downloading all these corrupt pdfs with ie 8. Problem solved.

Thank you all for your help. Chrome will be uninstalled from my computer. It wasted a lot of my time.

Michael

• 16. Re: Error

Looks like this is bug in Chrome:

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=48580

Looks like they have fixed it, but can't say when it would appear in an update.