4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 12:19 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Scripting with Visual Basic - or something else?

JAJJansenJr

Greetings,

As this is my first post and I am new to Photoshop (mainly have tried Photoshop CS5 Extended and Photoshop Elements) please forgive me

if I ask questions which may have been answered elsewhere.

I need to learn how to script Photoshop.  By this I mean I would like to take control of Photoshop and pass virtual keystrokes to it under programmatic control.

Visual Basic provides a "SendKeys" capability in various flavors, but, so far, I have not been able to "SendKeys" to Photoshop.

It would really be nice if I could find a way to use Visual Basic to do scripting, as I am very familiar with that language.

If not VB, then what are the available scripting options?

Especially important:  where can I find examples which clearly show how to learn scripting examples for scripting languages which Photoshop

can talk to?

Any and all help sincerely appreciated.  I am becoming quite familiar with Photoshop but I have a need to automate or script certain projects.

To any Adobe personnel reading this I hope you can point me in useful directions,  If there are any so-called undocumented features of photoshop that would allow VB or other scripting I would be glad to sign a non-disclosure agreement in order to learn about those.

If anyone can help me in my scripting quest I will see that your name is mentioned with the angels!

Sincerely,

Joseph (Joe) A. Jansen, Jr.

JAJansenJr@gmail.com