3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 6:39 PM by pwillener

Reader 9.3 critical failure

Nafensoriel

I recently had the auto updater install reader 9.3 on my system and after a reboot acrobat reader simply will not function on any level.

The update seems to have caused corruption to other windows functions as a few in house apps, daemon tools, and steam are having crashing issues. These issues can only be the result of this software update as no other change to the computer took place before these errors began to pop up.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling adobe 9.3 in safe mode - No effect. Reader fails to open with the message "Acrobat failed to load its Core DLL"

I have rolled back to 3 restore points before the update - No effect. Reader fails to open with the message "Acrobat failed to load its Core DLL"

I have manually deleted and then used windows uninstall before attempting reinstallation - No effect. Reader fails to open with the message "Acrobat failed to load its Core DLL"

What could possibly have been changed in this update to cause such a sudden and massive failure of applications which have nothing to do with PDF files?

• 1. Re: Reader 9.3 critical failure
          pwillener Level 8

"Acrobat failed to load its Core DLL" literally returns thousands of hits on Google.  I have looked at some, but very few offer any insight.  Two possibilities

1. your antivirus software or firewall may prevent the Reader installation from completing.  Try to disable before attempting to reinstall.
          2. after uninstalling, try to delete all Adobe Reader references from your Program Files\Adobe and Program Files\Common Files\Adobe (but not in the registry).
          • 2. Re: Reader 9.3 critical failure
            jaygetee

pwillener wrote:

"Acrobat failed to load its Core DLL" literally returns thousands of hits on Google.  I have looked at some, but very few offer any insight.  Two possibilities

1. your antivirus software or firewall may prevent the Reader installation from completing.  Try to disable before attempting to reinstall.
            2. after uninstalling, try to delete all Adobe Reader references from your Program Files\Adobe and Program Files\Common Files\Adobe (but not in the registry).

Dod this work?

I have similar problem with version 9.4