sorry, just an addition I start first with this error message - E_ADEPT_10 activate Error%20#2032 and then I type in my account # and password then I get the above message
Not sure if this is what you mean by syncing, but you can manually copy items back and forth between ADE & your KOBO reader. Here's what I do:
1) connect your reader and open ADE
2) If you haven't authorized the reader with ADE yet, it should prompt you to do that.
3) Once that's done, you should have a KOBO eReader bookshelf in the list of bookshelves.
4) Then if you want to add items from your computer bookshelf to the KOBO, just drag and drop. It also works the other way, from KOBO to your computer.
I have this same issue where in ADE it looks like the library books are on my Kobo, but then
when I unplug the Kobo fromt he computer, the books are not actually there.
Marie, if you are still having the problem, I was able to fix it by resetting my Kobo to factory settings with some help from another post.
- deauthorize my Kobo in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) using Ctrl-Shift-E
- remove the My Documents\My Digital Editions folder from my computer (I saved it in another location)
WARNING: backup your books if you need to. I didn't care myself since I could redownload.
- remove the G:\Digital Editions and G:\.adobe-digital-editions folders from my Kobo (G: is the drive my Kobo uses on my computer).
- unplug the Kobo
- reset the Kobo to factory settings via the Settings->Advanced choice in the Kobo menu.
- plugin the Kobo, authorize it to my Adobe ID (same as used on computer)
Adobe Digital is not recognizing my KOBO wireless reader.
The Kobo came with Borders as its default by mistake. I followed the instructions that I found on line to change it. It seems to be working. However I cannot transfer books from Adobe Digital to the Kobo. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Adobe digital following all instructions to the letter. It still did not work. HELP REQUESTED
My kobo reader does not show up in the ADE. When I plug it in my computer says it doesn't recognize the usb device. I can charge it up but can't move any books from ADE library to the Kobo reader. I want to read library books on my ereader not just the computer!
Hi those of you struggling with the sync thing.
I'm not a Kobo ownder, but would just like to point out that this seems to be a common problem. Have you used the search function? You will find a number of posts of people who found solutions - after many hours of frustration - and who are very happy when the solve it. I'd suggest you give that a try.
I also have a post on the forum that may prove helpful. Do a serach for "what to do when your ereader won't authorise" and you should find it.
My Kobo has been installed on the computer and I have purchased and added books to it. I have also downdloaded adobe digital editions
to my computer, authorised it and have succesfully added a library book to it. However, I have despite constatly closing and restarting adobe and unconnecting and reconnecting Kobo been unable to get the Kobo to show up as a category in the library. Is there a way I can manually do this, or do I have to uninstall/reinstall Kobo or Adobe?
I also could not see KOBO in my library.
There are a number of possible reasons for the problem.
I cannot see my KOBO bookshelf unless the KOBO is plugged into the computer
and set to manage library.
Another possibility is that your authorization did not work. I previously
described how to remove KOBO authorization from Adobe Digital. Do that.
Then with your KOBO plugged in to your computer and the KOBO set to manage
library authorize again. follow the steps I described previously.
Also when you download a book from the library your KOBO needs to be plugged
into your computer and your KOBO needs to be set to manage library.
Once the book is downloaded you can drag it from the bookshelf it is on into
the KOBO library bookshelf within ADOBE.