2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 11:07 AM by scottsta2

Contribute CS4 - Connect from Windows Desktop to Linux Server

scottsta2

We recently switched our web server from a Windows environment to a Linux virtual environment. Since then when a user attempts to create a connection using local/network they receive an error that says:

Contribute cannot verify your connection information.

**drive info**

Please contact your administrator for assistance.

The same error occurs if the user navigates to a mapped drive or if they manually type the server address.

I've attempted to create a connection using administrative credintials and had no luck.

Users are running Windows XP sp3 on their computers and are using Adobe Contribute CS4 v. 5.0.

• 1. Re: Contribute CS4 - Connect from Windows Desktop to Linux Server
          Krishna Prasad B V Level 3

Hi,

I was able to make a LAN connection to my website on a Linux machine. I shared my website folder using Samba, and was able to connect to it from Contribute. The Linux machine I tried is Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 5. Can you give me the configuration of the Linux server, and also how you are sharing your website folder on the server?

• 2. Re: Contribute CS4 - Connect from Windows Desktop to Linux Server
            scottsta2 Level 1

The server is running Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 with Open

Enterprise server 2.

File Share is NCP.

Our users have a mapped drive directly to their folders on the web

server. On the users computers they are running Windows XP sp3 with a

Novell security client that they login to. their web drive is the mapped

to the designated drive letter. Rights are given to individual folders

on the web drive (rwd).

I have noticed that rights to files/folders are not explicit on the

Linux server. We have a script that runs every 15 minutes to give the

proper rights so the files will display on the websites.

Thanks,

Stacy N. Scott

Auburn-Washburn USD 437

Web Designer

785-339-4083

>>> Krishna Prasad B V <forums@adobe.com> 7/16/2010 5:49 AM >>>

Hi,

I was able to make a LAN connection to my website on a Linux

machine. I shared my website folder using Samba, and was able to connect

to it from Contribute. The Linux machine I tried is Red Hat Enterprise

Linux version 5. Can you give me the configuration of the Linux server,

and also how you are sharing your website folder on the server?