5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2010 12:36 PM by kol_korivo

Chart causing error 1009 when enabling compatibility mode in Flash Builder 4

BuckyTheKatt

Hello.

I'm trying to use the chart components in Flash Builder 4. I'm using Flex SDK 4, but had to turn on the "Flex 3 compatibility mode" for some off-topic reasons.

I simply created a new application and copied the code from the DateTimeAxis class example: http://www.codigoactionscript.org/langref/as3/mx/charts/DateTimeAxis.html#includeExamplesS ummary

When running the example, the following error is reported (sorry, it is in italian: it's simply the "null object" error):

TypeError: Error #1009: Impossibile accedere a una proprietà o a un metodo di un riferimento oggetto null.

at mx.charts.chartClasses::CartesianChart/updateMultipleAxesStyles()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks \projects\datavisualization\src\mx\charts\chartClasses\CartesianChart.as:2598]

at mx.charts.chartClasses::CartesianChart/commitProperties()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\project s\datavisualization\src\mx\charts\chartClasses\CartesianChart.as:1360]

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\ mx\core\UIComponent.as:7772]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framewor k\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:572]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\frame work\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:700]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projec ts\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1072]

Is there a solution to this bug? We really need to use charts AND keep the Flex 3 compatibility mode.