Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript works then stops working

Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow Captivate users. I have been using Captivate for a number of years now and think it is a great tool for rapid simulation development as well as bespoke elearning products. I like the ability to custom build a product with my own look and feel. The problems I am getting relate to javascript calls on buttons. The two things I want to do are create my own exit button to shut the browser, and create a button to open a popup browser window. I have successfully created the code to do both of these. I can publish the Captivate project to my local machine and demonstrate the javascript functions working. However, when I copy the published files to another computer none of the above mentioned javascript funtions work. Some background info: I am using Captivate 4. Both the javascript codes reside on the buttons - there is no additional javascript in the published html files. I publish to a folder and place all the relevant files in the same folder, including the html file for the popup - so there are no pathway issues. This is proving very frustrating so I would appreciate some help.

regards,

Guy

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You said:

...I can publish the Captivate project to my local machine and demonstrate the javascript functions working. However, when I copy the published files to another computer none of the above mentioned javascript funtions work...

Likely this is Flash Player security blocking things. Also, if the Exit doesn't seem to be working properly, it's a very common issue.

Take a cruise through the link below as it answers these questions and more.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources