2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 7:33 AM by Xposure Interactive

Windows 7 UAC

Xposure Interactive Level 1

To get round the Vista UAC 'trust message' I codeSigned my application which worked fine but in windows 7 it now displays the 'Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?' message.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this message?

BTW; I posted this question on the bottom of another thread I have reposted it on its own as I don't think the thread title of 'VeriSign' was very appropriate.

• 1. Re: Windows 7 UAC
          jchunick Level 2

From other forum threads it initially seems to be a UAC-specific issue where setting an application to 'Run as Administrator' causes that prompt every time. Unforutunately, this looks to be a UAC issue that has nothing to do with your signed app.

If you have 'Run as Administrator' enabled for your app then maybe disable it and see if the message stops coming up... sorry that I can only provide troubleshooting steps and not an actual solution.

• 2. Re: Windows 7 UAC
            Xposure Interactive Level 1

Thanks for the pointer. I am now running the .exe NOT as administrator and it seems to have rid me of the message.

The trouble is I prefixed the .exe name 'setUp' so it would run as administrator. I cannot for the life of me remember why now!