6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 4:14 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Shortcuts

Atix illustrations Level 1

My request is, to have the possibility to change ALL keyboard and mouse shortcuts.

I want retrieve the ctrl+alt+shift+right click to link layers....

I have to remove the ****** ctrl+alt+right click in brush mode which change brush size and not quickly select another layer.

So I don't want new features, just retrieve old photoshop 7 great shortcuts :/

Thanks

• 1. Re: Shortcuts
          Reynolds (Mark) Level 4

Nothing wrong with this request.

Personally I would also add an option to bring back the ability to toggle the selection of Curve points with Control Tab, in the modal Curve dialog. As existed in versions prior to CS4. Made the whole process of working with subtle curves faster and easier for professionals. Now destroyed.

Different subject, not about shortcuts, but I would add to this a request to make all Adjustment Layers open modally on double click, once again making them fluid and faster to work with.

• 2. Re: Shortcuts
            c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Quite frankly I consider the Adjustments Panel a waste of resources.

But in CS5 with »Auto-Select Target Adjustment Tool« one does not need to select the Eyedropper anymore for certain functionality so it’s pretty close to back to the old way …

As for iterating through Curve Points, don’t + and - do that in CS4?

• 3. Re: Shortcuts
              Reynolds (Mark) Level 4
              As for iterating through Curve Points, don’t + and - do that in CS4?

Yes, but its a right handed shortcut. People color correcting (precision color correction, doing many images per day) need to use their right hand to nudge the points and their left to toggle between them. This method is quicker than any other for precision work believe me.

• 4. Re: Shortcuts
                c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

You’re right that the side a keyboard shortcut is on makes a difference, though I’m less discerning in this case, I guess.

Being able to edit ALL shortcuts would certainly be great.

Especially to people with non-english keyboards …

• 5. Re: Shortcuts
                  Reynolds (Mark) Level 4
                  Quite frankly I consider the Adjustments Panel a waste of resources.

Yes. Certainly a waste of screen space. Old whipping horse of mine, but was hoping that a preference in CS5 to "Return Modal Adjustments" would be included, giving me a good reason to upgrade. Without having to install Scripts and Actions into every clients version of Photoshop I use, to return the clearly more professional behavior. Sigh.

• 6. Re: Shortcuts
                    c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

I’m not fully moved over to CS5 yet myself; but by assigning the Adjustments Panel a shortcut, which I have to hit (instead of Enter for the modal dialog) to make it disappear again, and having it automatically switch to the TAT at opening the Panel I get pretty much the behaviour I want.

I’m afraid an option to just get the modal dialog is not very likely to happen … we better just get used to it, I guess.