1 person found this helpful
What I did was remove the history references in the main HTML file:
<!-- BEGIN Browser History required section --> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="history/history.css" /> <!-- END Browser History required section -->
from the HTML code, and everything is fine since then.
Thanks Sebastien, that solves the issue, in a non orthodox way but it solves it. I would like to know why this error occurs so I can solve it in a proper way. Sebastien your answer has been really helpful don't misunderstand me.
But this is only a guess, so if anyone knows the exact reasons, or another solution, I'm interested in hearing from it too.
First of all this is not an issue but feature. This is used for history management. When application loads the browser's url is appended with "#" to designate it as the root page. Later on, one can use BrowserManager's method setFragment to set url to something else (e.g. #page=reports). This will then be used for managing back and forward button of browser. This particular feature is called DeepLinking. You can read about it in Flex docs.
The issue is that in some browsers the page title is replaced by #. That's why I removed it.
Unfortunately this feature is not supported by all browsers yet.
Thank you both for your tremendous help. I'm glad to know why this happens now.
Looking forward to getting your response in other issues.