5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 3:17 AM by DCollins, Oxford

I hate adobe reader

dexie64

Yes, you reading the title correct. This program as document viewer in the industry has become such a pain to use/upgrade that is time that everyone switch to something liter, something fast, something that doesn't need reboot every two weeks. When I download some software I don't expect to see everywhere your icon advertised and program that I didn't choose. (e.g. air ; adobe.com).

What is the deal with page # in thumbnails vs. matching in the document. Can you fix your product once for all and make better not just bigger  or you need a help with that...

Cheers,

Alan

• 1. Re: I hate adobe reader
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is the deal with page # in thumbnails vs. matching in the document.

What is the problem?

• 2. Re: I hate adobe reader
            ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

dexie64 wrote:

Yes, you reading the title correct. This program as document viewer in the industry has become such a pain to use/upgrade that is time that everyone switch to something liter, something fast, something that doesn't need reboot every two weeks. When I download some software I don't expect to see everywhere your icon advertised and program that I didn't choose. (e.g. air ; adobe.com).

What is the deal with page # in thumbnails vs. matching in the document. Can you fix your product once for all and make better not just bigger  or you need a help with that...

Cheers,

Alan

Then why use it. Download one of the many other PDF readers and be done with it.

• 3. Re: I hate adobe reader
              dexie64 Level 1

I spoke with many users and they all agreed that  thumbnail's numbering don't always match the document # on the right hand side.

I know this is a feature , but would make more sense if numbers were pulled from the footer of actual page rather then represent total count.

Alan

• 4. Re: I hate adobe reader
                dexie64 Level 1

I wish that is so easy. On personal level yes, there are better and smaller programs, but we talking corporate machines and minimal changes for end- users its confusing and costly.

143 Mb for a reader  = ?!?!

also loading in startup programs automaticly .

asking for reboots.... what a crap.

every couple of weeks updates ( can users choose to see what is new...)

you're right sugesting switching but I still hate Adobe Reader, and since no one else saying anything I open this post.

Cheers,

A.F.

• 5. Re: I hate adobe reader
                  DCollins, Oxford Level 1

dexie64, you are my hero!  I was that close to buying the ihateadobe.com domain name just now.  I am an application packager and Adobe products just make me cringe every time I have to automate the deployment of one.  It is close to becoming a phobia!

DC.