Exit

horizontal use of dropdown hotspots and the order in which they fall

Participant ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8 HTML.

Hi all,

I have a hand made glossary in a topic, as opposed to using the glossary feature in RH - clients request.

Anyway, we are using hotspots to display the content for each letter.

problem is that when clicking through the dropdowns they dont drop is alphabetical order, instead they drop in reverse.

any ideas how I can revers this?

Thanks.

Capture1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick.

I'm willing to be corrected here but I fear there is no way around this. Dropdowns will always display the last clicked hotspot at the top of the previously clicked hotspot. There maybe a JavaScript solution out there somewhere but I can't help with that.

The RoboColum(n)

@robocolumn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Column, thats the thing, these are following an order, no matter which I click, in which order, they will always go from Z-A. I click D then A then C it shows D C A. so it must be controlled somewhere.....just cant figure out where that somewhere is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Are you referring to when you click the Show All? Or just when clicking the individual links?

Perhaps what you are looking for is a way to collapse whatever drop-down is visible followed by expanding the new one?

Another approach would involve sprinkling bookmarks up and down the page at each new reference point. Then either use a repeated or floating bar allowing access to other sections or you could pop this in a frameset and have the navigation in the top frame and definitions in the bottom.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both really, it happens when clicking them individually, or clicking the show all button. its constantly going from Z-A.

Id just like the dropdowns to appear in alphabetical order, regardless of which order they are clicked in, basically reversing the current order that is being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

I think you will find that in order to do this, you will have to have created them that way. My guess is that you worked your way through creating them quite logically by creating the "A" drop down first. Followed by "B" and so on. And as you did this, each section was created above the older section. If you had instead created them from "Z" and moving backward, you would likely have what you desire.

Since drop-downs are really nothing more than hidden DIVs in the HTML that are revealed upon click, you might try mucking about with the underlying HTML code and rearranging this way. Depending on how comfortable you are with this process, you may simply find it easier to duplicate the topic and re-create things as I mentioned earlier by performing some copy/paste magick. If you decide to take this route, keep in mind that you are also able to arrange the two topics so both are open and visible simultaneously. You just close all topics but these two, then right-click one of the tabs and choose New Vertical (or Horizontal) Tab Group.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cheers for the tip rick, ill play around with it and let you guys know how I get on.

much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp