3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 5:35 AM by DaveConTech

CartesianChart not registering events or effects

DaveConTech

Hi, I'm just learning Flex and for whatever reason a chart of mine is simply not trigger events or allow me to use effects on the ColumnSeries, is there anything you can think of that could possibly be causing this.

Thanks

• 1. Re: CartesianChart not registering events or effects
          UbuntuPenguin Level 4

You are going to have to explain your problem more. Which effect is not ... effecting ? What kinds of events , mouse events , drawing events ?

• 2. Re: CartesianChart not registering events or effects
            DaveConTech Level 1

This is the code for the chart, neither slideIn effect, nor the creationComplete event are being triggered. I've tried a host of diffrent events and effects for ewach of them and none of them worked.  The chart will come up and the data will be there, just the events won't trigger and the effect won't happen.

Thanks again

<mx:SeriesSlide id="seriesSlide" duration="1000" direction="right" />

<mx:CartesianChart id="energyChart" width="100%" height="100%" y="45"
                    showDataTips="true"    dataProvider="{chartData}" dataTipFunction="formatDataTip" creationComplete="init()" >                                                       

<mx:horizontalAxis>
                        <mx:CategoryAxis id="timeAxis" categoryField="timeLabel" />
                    </mx:horizontalAxis>

<mx:verticalAxis>
                        <mx:LinearAxis id="energyAxis" title="kW-hr"/>
                    </mx:verticalAxis>

<mx:series>
                        <mx:Array>
                            <mx:ColumnSeries id="energyColumn" yField="value" xField="timeLabel"
                                visible="true" show="{slideIn}" click="zoomIn()" />

</mx:Array>
                    </mx:series>       
                </mx:CartesianChart>

• 3. Re: CartesianChart not registering events or effects
              DaveConTech Level 1

Does anyone have any idea?