4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 5:08 AM by IMOps

quality books

richardpick

I have just scanned a book and the scanner has left dark bars in the middle and dark patches elsewere (at the edges). How can I clear this whole thing up? In other words, can I make a REAL QUALITY eBook from scanned stuff with Acrobat?

[edited by host]

• 1. Re: quality books
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In other words, can I make a REAL QUALITY eBook from scanned stuff with Acrobat?

Use a good scanner?

• 2. Re: quality books
            CtDave Level 5
            function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

In other words, can I make a REAL QUALITY eBook from scanned stuff with Acrobat?

"REAL QUALITY eBook" and scanned stuff fit together poorly.

Scanned means image. No renderable text (it is part of the image).

No reflow of the image of the text such as one gets from a well-formed Tagged PDF containing renderable text.

A good scanner, properly maintained, and use of an appropriate output resolution would provide a PDF "eBook" that would be satisfactory on a netbook, laptop, or desktop. Viewing with a mobile device would be a problematic experience.

Be well...

• 3. Re: quality books
              AshleyH7

I bought a cheap scanner recently and I had the same problem. You want

to use a better quality scanner. Sometimes paying a little extra is worthwile

in the long-run.

• 4. Re: quality books
                IMOps

Agree with Above Poster. Pay the extra money for better scanner.