0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2010 4:44 AM by Michael Wunnink

Disable the email client selection prompt for forms

Michael Wunnink
      Hello,
      I am wondering if you might help me. When hitting the "email to" button in a pdf form, by default the select email client window pops up.
      I have been searching in vain (sofar) to prevent this window from appearing in the first place (at first launch Adobe).
      I know I can check the "don't show again" checkbox from within the dialog box, but I don't want the dialog box to appear in the first place, because I don't want users to see it at first launch of Reader and don't want to have to manually (let the users) check the "don't show again" checkbox. I need to be able to deploy this settings (the mail client selection window to NOT show up) to over 100 users.

Here is what I have tried sofar.

Using free registry snapshot tool Registry Watch, I have identified the keys HKEY_Local_Machine\software\Microsoft\windows\Currentversion\Installer\Userdata\S-1-5-18\ Products\90401210900063d11c8ef10054038389c\usage\OutlookMapi2
      and HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\RNG as changing keys whenever I turn on and off the show this dialog box.
      However, both keep changing to completely new values.

If I manually enter the values of these keys to how they were when the dialog box was not displayed, it still keeps displaying the window. So it is not possible to hardcode these keys with a fixed value.

When I turn the dialog box back on, the keys HKEY_USERs\"user"\software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AValert , HKEY_USERs\"user"\software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AValert\cCheckbox are deleted, but when I turn the dialog box off again from within Reader
      these keys don't return anymore.....

So it is difficult to pinpoint a specific (set of) key(s) and particular values.

Also disabling and enabling send mail api from within Reader, but this didn't help either (needed for email client to work from Reader in the first place).

Looked for xml's or ini that might change after enabling or disabling the prompt, but none found, neither in my profile, nor all users profile, nor C:\Program Files\Adobe\....

Any feedback wold be much appreciated.