0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2010 7:41 AM by miketan74

Enabling/disabling the 'display PDF in browser' via a script after Reader 9 is installed

miketan74

So we have Reader 9 already installed on the machine, but we need a simple way that a user can click on a shortcut in the start menu to reconfigure how the PDF is opened - either from within the browser or outside of the brower.

In Reader 7, I was able to use this:

msiexec.exe /i {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A71000000002} Remove=ReaderBrowserIntegration /norestart /qb-!

msiexec.exe /i {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A71000000002} ADDLOCAL=ReaderBrowserIntegration /norestart /qb-!

which works well after the fact that Reader 7 is installed on the machine.

For Reader 9, things have changed, and have tried this:

msiexec.exe /i AcroRead.msi /qn DISABLE_BROWSER_INTEGRATION=YES

msiexec.exe /i AcroRead.msi /qn DISABLE_BROWSER_INTEGRATION=NO

The above don't work, nor if I run a repair instead of an install.  I also tried to modify the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\Originals\bBrowserIntegration then following in up with the appropriate msiexec command and that didn't work

No, asking users to go to the options and enable/disable the setting isn't ideal unfortunately as it requires too many clicks

Anybody have any suggestions on this?