7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 10:27 AM by Nini Tjader

HTML5 Canvas?

markerline Level 4

How can I copy vector information from Illustrator CS5 and vector animation information from Flash CS5 and "Smart Paste" it into Dreamweaver CS5 as per the blog on Adobe.com ?  I want to use the HTML Canvas and have Flash animations converted from SWF to HTML5 as well as convert Illustrator vector data into FXG

• 1. Re: HTML5 Canvas?
          Randy Edmunds Adobe Employee

How can I copy vector information from Illustrator CS5 and vector animation information from Flash CS5 and "Smart Paste" it into Dreamweaver CS5 as per the blog on Adobe.com ?  I want to use the HTML Canvas and have Flash animations converted from SWF to HTML5 as well as convert Illustrator vector data into FXG

Thank you for showing interest in the demo that was showedat Adobe Max 2009.That functionality is not part of the HTML5 Pack, but we are trying to figure out how to get it into Dreamweaver.

Regards,

Randy Edmunds

Dreamweaver Development

Adobe Systems, Inc.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HTML5 Canvas?
            markerline Level 4

Thanks for responding.

If it's not currenlty part of CS5, will it become part of the software through an Adobe Update?  I am contemplating purchasing CS5 upgrade from CS4.

• 3. Re: HTML5 Canvas?
              Randy Edmunds Adobe Employee

If it's not currenlty part of CS5, will it become part of the software through an Adobe Update?  I am contemplating purchasing CS5 upgrade from CS4.

This is not currently planned to be included in CS5 via an update.

HTH,

Randy

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: HTML5 Canvas?
                markerline Level 4

Randy Edmunds wrote:

This is not currently planned to be included in CS5 via an update.

HTH,

Randy

Randy, that's too bad.  I was really hoping CS5 would take us to the next level, though I haven't really done enough research on HTML5 to qualify my being upset about it.  I still might upgrade and then upgrade again for CS6.  Hopefully HTML5 will have evolved by then.  (I did notice in the trial version that if you convert a current HTML doctype which is usually in XHTML transitional that the doctype is removed and there is no clear indication that one is authoring in HTML5)

-markerline

• 5. Re: HTML5 Canvas?
                  geotrice Level 2

You may not be able to smart paste it, but I know you can export to SVG, so with a little work, I bet you can start working with these techniques while their still on the "bleeding-edge." This is so exciting!

• 6. Re: HTML5 Canvas?
                    jeffery wright Level 1

This is the reason I upgraded to the CS5 suite, only to find that no, HTML5 is not supported? What a waste of money and time. http://www.html5trends.com/news/flash-to-html5-conversion/

• 7. Re: HTML5 Canvas?
                      Nini Tjader Level 4

Html 5 isn't even finalized yet until a few more years.... so what do you expect? Some things actually are supported but html5 is a work in progress as I see it.