2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2010 1:56 AM by areohbee

Feature Request: Custom Metadata Type = 'number'...

areohbee Level 5

As it stands, custom metadata can be string, enum, or url, which precludes the ability to define numeric metadata that could be used to create a smart collection where the number falls in a particular range, or is greater than...

And while you're at it, how about adding the 'date' type as well, and maybe toss in 'boolean' - then custom metadata would be afforded the same status as regular metadata in collection criteria.

Rob

• 1. Re: Feature Request: Custom Metadata Type = 'number'...
          areohbee Level 5

This is a biggie for me - please Adobe - SDK3.1?

(and Im sure not just for me)

The problem is that numeric metadata can't be treated numerically for the purpose of collections - big bummer for plugins like my develop settings metadata plugin, since you can't define a collection like:

ISO > 1600 and Lum. NR < 10... or sharpening > 60...

In fact, when dataType is absent, any field value type is accepted, however it looks like its being handled as a string in the collection edit form, but it will never match anything! So, you pretty much have to have dataType = 'string' (if not enum or url) if searchable, otherwise the user will think its broken since things that appear to match, don't match...

Rob

• 2. Re: Feature Request: Custom Metadata Type = 'number'...
            areohbee Level 5

Where's Chet Drarvik? - Any comment??...