4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2007 9:57 AM by lovewebdev

Cfmail Not executing on my Localhost?

lovewebdev Level 1
      I'm using <cfmail> on my local server, but the emails are not being sent out.
      I tested the server in CF Administrator an it says that it is able connect to the Windows SMTP server successfully. Any clues as to why Cfmail would not trigger on my Local Host.
        • 1. Re: Cfmail Not executing on my Localhost?
          Jeff Coughlin Level 1
          What does your mail log say when you try to send mail while one localhost? Any other error logs?
          • 2. Cfmail Not executing on my Localhost?
            lovewebdev Level 1
            All of the messages I tried to send using CFMAIL are just sitting in the QUEUE folder at:
            C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue

The headers in the email say:

"Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server."

I dont get why they dont execute. They're just regular email addresses. Do you leave the username and password attributes blank? My SMTP server has all anonymous access set up and Coldfusion Admin even says it connects to the server but the emails wind up in the QUeue folder.
            • 3. Re: Cfmail Not executing on my Localhost?
              johnab
              well technically cfmail is working - messages sent via cfmail start life in the <cfusion>/mail/spool folder - that then passes them to the configured mail server in the cf administrator or via the server attribute in cfmail tag. If there was a mail problem (as in the defined SMTP server is unavailable) you'd find your message in <cfusion>/mail/Undeliv.

So if your message have made it to the c:\inetpub folder then they've been processed perfectly by CF and handed over to the SMTP Server configured under IIS - i'm pretty sure you need to configure it to pass messages to a proper SMTP service (which the one in IIS isn't - it's a Virtual SMTP server).

hope that helps
              • 4. Re: Cfmail Not executing on my Localhost?
                lovewebdev Level 1
                So you can't really test cfmail locally? I used to test ASPmail locally using IIS; I guess I thought it was similar.