2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2010 6:20 PM by Baba_O

I need guidance with a project on Adobe Flash CS4 - Washing machine animation

Baba_O

I want to make a washing machine animation with adobe flash cs4.

I have a basic image of 3 washing machines standing next to each other with the door on the front.

SMALL 400px COPY OR ORIGINAL WASHING MACHINES.jpg

I also have a very similar washing machine at home that I can video tape while it washes.

I am pretty good at figuring out software, but I have not used Flash CS4 much,

so I would like an expert to tell me the best way to go about doing this animation with this software.

Just the basic functions or features I should use and in what order I should do them....I'll figure out the details on my own.

Thanks !!!

BabaO

• 1. Re: I need guidance with a project on Adobe Flash CS4 - Washing machine animation
          Andrei1 Level 6

I think making an animation from scratch, especially if you don't have much of an animation experience.

In any case, in terms of realistic presentation, nothing can compare with real video. So, your idea of filming load washing is pretty wholesome. You can have three videos with different cloth. Then make machines windows on the image transparent and place your videos behind this image with cut off windows and loop videos indefinitely. This would be the easiest way to accomplish your task.

• 2. Re: I need guidance with a project on Adobe Flash CS4 - Washing machine animation
            Baba_O Level 1

That is pretty much the idea I had....I mean putting cut out windows on all three front panels and have different wash videos behind looping. But I was wondering which features (menu specific) I should use in order to do that. In other words is there a more specific path I should take in order to do this.

It's true I do not have much flash training, but I do have quite a bit of computer and software training (lots of music and video studio tech experience & making websites and all) so I guess I'll just do what I usually do: dive in and figure it out.

But if anyone out here can guide my effort I would surely appreciate it.

But thanks Andrei1, for at least now I know it's "doable".

BabaO