2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2010 5:14 AM by Ned Murphy

Problems having Flash control HTML Navigation

velder1

Hello World

I am at my wits end. I have two problems:

1. I have a flash movie embedded in an html page. When the user clicks on a button in the movie it should open the new in the SAME or CURRENT window NOT in a new tab (leaving that window open).

Here's the code..getURL("imageTest.html", _self);

What am I doing wrong?

2. I can't get my block navigation to show the CURRENT link.
      I want the current link or page on the navigation bar to be a different color than the other links.

I'm able to get the font to change color but I can't get the background or "block color" to change color.

Can someone help?

Thanks A Million!!

• 1. Re: Problems having Flash control HTML Navigation
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1.  "_self " is a string value so you need to use quotes

2.  I don't know what you mean by block navigation or how is is designed so I can't offer anything as far as how to change the background color.

• 2. Re: Problems having Flash control HTML Navigation
            velder1 Level 1

Ahhh Ned you are a GOD send!  Geez! Qoutes!! I knew it was something small....

THANKS!!!

The second part is actually not flash, it's HTML/CSS navigation.  I'm using a horizontal navigation bar for top level navigation.  And subset navigation is nested within the flash movies on each page. 

In CSS the navigation style is "block"  in order to get a block of color behind the links.  My problem is I cant get the block of color to change color according to what page the user is on to be navigational "indicator" (or to let the user know where they are in the site).