4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 8:03 AM by John Danek

Vector ink splash

linkot Level 1

I need an ink splash similar to one of these http://www.kwgroup.com/temp/splash_example.jpg

Someting more simple would be better.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

(CS4)

Thanks

• 1. Re: Vector ink splash
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Ifound this but i think you might do better by creating one the way you would likeit.

http://www.clker.com/clipart-23994.html

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Vector ink splash
            linkot Level 1

Thanks Wade.  The graphic is on the order of what I want but I would need a vector so I could edit and use for print.

The trouble is, I don't have a clue how to go about this and create in Illustrator.  I found some 'brushes' for photoshop but don't know if a brush image can be converted to vector.

• 3. Re: Vector ink splash
              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

You can scale strokes and effects by checking that option from the flyout menu of the Transform panel and or the Preferences.

You can also go to Object>Expand Appearance and then ungroup the objects created by the expansion, you have to usual ungroup the objects several times so they act independent of each other.

There brushes are essentially vector.

I believe the art you may have ordered is as well.

read about brush, scaling and appearances in the help files. You might want to watch some of the tutorials on Adobe TV you find that on the Adobe site.

• 4. Re: Vector ink splash
                John Danek Level 4

Dynamic Graphics' "Liquid Library" had vector splashes.  They morphed LL into Jupiterimages.com; do a word search in their image database under Illustrations.