6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2010 3:09 PM by Jim_Simon

Cropping, Reversing, Flipping, & Making a DVD ???

Bwana George

I just started using my Adobe Premier Pro CS5 in my PC, and I have to say I love it.  I am very new to this program, so forgive me if I'm asking stupid or obvious questions.  I'm planning on getting the instructional DVD but I just can't afford it at this time after already laying out $800.oo for CS5.

I have learned a great deal so far, but there are several things I'd like to know how to do, and I would greatly appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to help me out.

1 - How do you crop the video so you are seeing a smaller area of the full frame? I want to be able to remove vignetting caused by certain lenses.

2 - Is there a way to "reverse" the shot?  In other words, start the shot at the end and go to the beginning.

3 - Can the video image be "flipped" horizontally and vertically?  So, right is left and left is right.  And, top is bottom and bottom is top.

4 - Once editing is done, how do you transfer the finished project to a DVD or  Blu-Ray Disc ? In other words, I want the finished movie on a disc so I can play it in any DVD or Blu-Ray player.

I hope I am not asking too much for a forum.

Your help with any of these questions will be most helpful.

Thanks.