7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 9:01 PM by {KMS}

PPro CS5 and Audition 3

naartjie gello Level 1

I prefer using Audition 3 to Soundbooth for editing audio direct from Premiere timeline (right click clip, edit in Audition). This works fine in CS5 - when I'm done editing audio in Audition, I save and close the clip, return to Premiere which then updates the video clip with the edited audio clip. So far so good. However, when I playback the clip in the Premiere timeline, it is ear blasting white noise, crackles, pops, etc. If I exit Premiere and go back in, the clip plays back as it should with all my Audition edits intact. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Asus P6T Deluxe, i7 920, 12GB RAM, 4 x 1TB 7200 SATA 3 drives, ATI Radeon 4870 with 1GB, Windows 7 Ultimate.

• 1. Re: PPro CS5 and Audition 3
          naartjie gello Level 1

Sorry forgot to mention the footage is XDCAM EX 1080p 25. Audio clip that is edited in Audition is 48k 32-bit WAV.

• 2. Re: PPro CS5 and Audition 3
            SirQsDad Level 1

I had that problem some time ago. Not exactly sure how I solved it. Try to unselect files in Premiere (sometimes when selecting the clip and going into Audition the clip gets selected) before finalizing in Audition, or play around a little with stuff like that. It did annoy the hell out of me until I found the remedy.

If I remember exactly what I did I'll let you know. Sorry for my bad memory.

• 3. Re: PPro CS5 and Audition 3
              {KMS} Level 2

naartjie gello,

Did you ever figure out the problem?  I have the same problem on my machine with Audition 2.0.  If I use the "Edit in Audition" while Audition is closed, it works fine, but if Audition is already open and I edit an audio track in Audition, when played in PPRO it is just static/hissing.  I don't want to close Audition after editing each clip.  Hoping you have a solution.  Thanks.

• 4. Re: PPro CS5 and Audition 3
                Dailey Pike Level 1

I've encountered the same problem. I save the file in Audition 3 and when I go back to Premiere it's the loud static. I return to Audition and then back to Premiere, not doing anything during my return to Audition but magically when I return to Premiere the sound plays back normally.

• 5. Re: PPro CS5 and Audition 3
                  {KMS} Level 2

One bad solution I have found is to unlink the media and then relink it...does not work everytime.  Can't find a workaround to solve it.  I wish Soundbooth was as good at removing background noise.

• 6. Re: PPro CS5 and Audition 3
                    SirQsDad Level 1

I've played around a bit and cant make the error occur again. And sadly my memory isn't that good so I can remember what I did last time. Once I do I'll come back and post it.

• 7. Re: PPro CS5 and Audition 3
                      {KMS} Level 2

Please do, I can't use Audition with Premiere...it happens almost everytime.  Each time I think I have figured out what triggers it, but then it happens again.  Very frustrating.  I can't figure out if it is Premiere or Audition causing the problem.  Everything with Soundbooth works fine.