6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 2:56 PM by arvindsond

main.html to index.html

arvindsond

Hi there, I'm in a bit of a rush to get my website up and running, and I have published the site through Flash Catalyst and uploaded the final site to my website server.

Flash Catalyst publishes the final website as Main.html so I renamed it to index.html for the server to recognise, but the site doesn't seem to load.

Is there a way for Catalyst to publish with index.html instead of main.html

Thanks

Arvind!

• 1. Re: main.html to index.html
          arvindsond Level 1

All sorted now, I didn't give the servers enough chance to register the change, the site is up and running now!

Thx

Arvind!

• 2. Re: main.html to index.html
            Stuffles

It's always fun when we think something is wrong when we did not wait long enough.

Is this a website that you can let us take a look at? I am curious to find out what people have been doing with Catalyst!

-Stuffles

• 3. Re: main.html to index.html
              arvindsond Level 1

yeah the website is:

www.sondproductions.com

But now I have another problem, when you first load the website, the centre cube swf file starts on the right hand side of the screen and not in the centre.

When the swf animation finishes then it switches back to the centre, I dont suppose you know why this do you?

Arvind!

• 4. Re: main.html to index.html
                Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

I did not see this happen, but I did however, get an error when using the debug version of the player:

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.

at net.slideshowpro.slideshowpro.data::Data/getCurrentAlbumID()

at net.slideshowpro.slideshowpro.content::Content/set currentAlbum()

at net.slideshowpro.slideshowpro.content::Content/setInitContent()

at net.slideshowpro.slideshowpro.content::Content/afterGalleryDataLoad()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at net.slideshowpro.slideshowpro::SlideShowPro/afterLoad()

at net.slideshowpro.slideshowpro.data::XMLParser/done()

at net.slideshowpro.slideshowpro.data::XMLParser/parseData()

at net.slideshowpro.slideshowpro.data::XMLParser/onCompleteHandler()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Are is the cube animation from something else? That might be source of the issue.

Also, I would recommend editing the html to make the background color of the page black (<body BGCOLOR ="#000"> or by adding a CSS file).

Chris

• 5. Re: main.html to index.html
                  Stuffles Level 1

It seems like the animation wants to load there first. When I first visited the page, just as you described, It played on the side before switching to the center. When I refresh the page, however, It appears on the side for one frame before switching back. On the second time through, the animation played in the center. Everything else seems to be working just fine on the page.

How are you loading the SWF?

Is there a way you can postpone the appearance of the cube (so that is loads) and have it fade into view (very quickly) then play through the animation?

The page did, however, load very fast.

• 6. Re: main.html to index.html
                    arvindsond Level 1

Hey guys, yeah I just uploaded the swf into the same folder as the rest of the files.

In terms of the 'deploy to web' folder that is.

I dont think I can delay the animation, is there anyway to delay the whole site from dispalying until it full loads?

Arvind!