Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help on External topic in .chm file

Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old RoboHelp project (.hpj created in RoboHelp Office v9.0). I am trying to figure out how to get the online help (convert winHelp to HTML) to work on Vista. The Adobe RoboHelp v6.0 trial version converts and generates the .chm successfully, but the external topics in the project don't get displayed in the .chm file.
Can someone help me with this problem? Or is this something that will only work once we purchase RoboHelp v6.0 (we are currently evaluating it using the trial version)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exactly, do you mean by "the external topics in the project don't get displayed in the .chm file"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
the external topic is linked to an external help file . The external help file was a .hlp file in the project (e.g. file1.hlp), I convert it to file1.chm file since I want to generate a .chm file (e.g. file2.chm).But the external topic doesn't show up in the file2.chm file when I open the file2.chm file. I have put the external help file file1.chm in the same folder as file2.chm.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp