4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 7:56 PM by the_wine_snob

elements won't let me start music at beginning of clips

bobo t monsta

i am trying to make a slide show consisting of freeze frames.

i want it to have music, so I added my music but pr.elements puts it about 7 seconds after the beginning of the clips.

so there's 7 seconds of silence before the music starts.

but when I tried to move the audio track back (earlier) it shows as being moved on the timeline, but on the sceneline it says the audio track is still in the same place as before I moved it.   when I play it back there is still seven seconds of silence.

What do I do?  Can anyone point me to a (free) video or written tutorial related to this topic

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: elements won't let me start music at beginning of clips
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

By freeze frames, I assume you mean still photos. Right?

First, ensure you're working in timeline mode rather than sceneline mode.

Then check the audio track where you've placed the music. Make sure there's no other audio on that track.

Hold down the Ctrl key and slide the audio track to the beginning of the timeline.

If you can include a screen capture of your timeline in your next post, that would be very helpful.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: elements won't let me start music at beginning of clips
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with those suggestions, for fine alignment of Clips, you might want to turn OFF Snap (the S-key toggles this feature), so that you can align the Clips and not worry about them jumping to, say the beginning of a Transition, or another Clip. Before doing other editing, do not forget to hit the S-key again, to turn Snap back on.

I also agree about working in Timeline View Mode.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: elements won't let me start music at beginning of clips
              bobo t monsta Level 1

The thing about the first "photo" is that it's a title with the "Add text" message deleted, and I wanted to get my viewers to hear the audio before they see the pictures, so that means there's something about the Snap function that I'm missing.

• 4. Re: elements won't let me start music at beginning of clips
                the_wine_snob Level 9

If you want a blank Video, instead of a Title, just choose New and Black Video. This will come into the Project Panel, at the Duration set in Edit>Preferences, but you can alter this to suit. Then, with Snap OFF, and in the Timeline, adjust your Audio to the point that you want.

Because I create DD 5.1 SS, I always create about 02 sec. of Black Video, and start my Audio before the Video, but not at the very beginning, as some DVD players need a moment to "lock onto" the DD 5.1 SS Audio stream, especially with high-end, esoteric players. I also end each piece, about 01 sec. before the last Frame of my 02 Black Video with my Audio, for other reasons.

Good luck, and be sure to Zoom in a bit, so you can see what you are doing on the Timeline and then turn OFF Snap, so you can slide things about, as required.

Good luck,

Hunt