1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 7:05 AM by IFZen

Lost in public method (yes, I do)

IFZen Level 1

Hi everybody,

I am loosing my mind on this one since friday, please help me, my brain starts to liquify.

I have a MainClass on a FLA file that defines both public, private, statics or not, properties and methods.

I also have a package named 'components' that stocks Sprite sub-classes for my movie exportable clips. In one of them, I use the "this.root" property to access my main class instance elements at runtime.

When I try to access my main class public properties, this is just sweet like honey.

When I access public method references, same thing, I can trace them and have a true reponse to the question : [myPublicMethod is Function] ?

BUT, when I want to execute the public methods, like MainClass(this.root).myPublicMethod(), the compiler boldly throws this at me :

Error 1195: Attempted access of inaccessible method myPublicMethod through a reference with static type MainClass.

What am I doing wrong here ?

Any help will save neurons, collegues, mouse and screen

François

• 1. Re: Lost in public method (yes, I do)
          IFZen Level 1

Well, I made it working by not typing the this.root access, something like that :

var myMainClassInstance:* = this.root;

myMainClassInstance.myPubluicMethod();

And it works, the compiler is ok and running time is good.

Before that here is what I tried, desperatly : MyMainClass(this.root).myPublicMethod();

Well, today is another day,

François