3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 12:35 PM by kglad

question about _root.stop()

3-Putt

Have a question about the  _root.stop().

I  have a pause and play feature in a flash player so the user can stop  the presentation along with all the voiceover that streams with the  presentation.

I  used the _root.stop() in the flash player hoping it will stop the main  timeline, but also other embedded movieclip timelines. It stopped the main  timeline,  but not the other ones.

How do I stop both timelines at the same  time? the _root.stop() was not working for me.

Thank you, Brian

• 1. Re: question about _root.stop()
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

apply the stop() method to the other movieclips you want to stop.

• 2. Re: question about _root.stop()
            3-Putt Level 1

my movie player pause the main timeline, but not the movieclip until, of course, it reaches the end frame of that movieclip. I need the movieclip to pause with the timeline.

The movieclip has captions that sync up with audio in the main timeline so when I do hit pause I lose the caption for the voiceover. I would normally just place the captions in the main timeline, but the user has the option of making them visible so I have them in a movieclip.

Does that help explain myself at all?

Thanks,  Brian

• 3. Re: question about _root.stop()
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

again, apply the stop() method to the other movieclips you want to stop.

for example, if you have a movieclip on your _root timeline with instance name mc1, you can use:

_root.mc1.stop()