- What is the operating system?
- How do you install the update?
- Do you update logged-in as an Administrator user, or 'Run as Administrator'?
- What does "w/e" mean?
Operating system, windows xp SP3 and windows 7. Both Operating systems are fully patched.
I initiated the update through adobe reader, as soon as it "downloaded" I closed acrobat and allowed the update to run.
Yes, the user logged in was part of the local admin group.
w/e - WhatEver.
I've turned off Virus scan (un-installed it completely). I have tried a number of things and it still doesn't work.
Thank you for the additional information.
I don't know why the update from within Adobe Reader is behaving that way - maybe the Reader is not closing completely for some (unknown) reason?
I would try two other things
- Initiate the Updater by itself; run AdobeUpdater.exe from %PROGRAMFILES%\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5 (this could also be Updater6 in some cases);
- manually download and install the 9.3.x updates