3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2007 11:56 AM by spuyear

Ist there a Windows Mobile Browser Emulator

spuyear
      As I continue converting my website to one usable on most mobile devices, I found that my site displays well in all devices EXCEPT Windows Mobile browser. I am unable to test my site in that environment since I do not use a Windows Mobile device.

Is there a Windows Mobile emulator/simulator available on which I can test the look of my website? I know about BrowserCam and BrowserShots and neither are a right fit. ResearchInMotion offers a great BlabkBerry simulator and I am hoping that there is a similar tool for the Windows Mobile environment. Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Ist there a Windows Mobile Browser Emulator
          Level 7
          On-Line Mobile Phone Emulators:

Dot Mobi - www.pc.mtld.mobi/ Erickson & Nokia
          Opera www.operamini.com/demo/

On-Line Mobile Site Checkers:
          www.ready.mobi - on-line mobile site checker
          www.validator.w3.org/mobile/

--Nancy O.
          Alt-Web Design & Publishing
          www.alt-web.com

"spuyear" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fackgb$7cq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > As I continue converting my website to one usable on most mobile devices,
          I
          > found that my site displays well in all devices EXCEPT Windows Mobile
          browser.
          > I am unable to test my site in that environment since I do not use a
          Windows
          > Mobile device.
          >
          > Is there a Windows Mobile emulator/simulator available on which I can
          test the
          > look of my website? I know about BrowserCam and BrowserShots and neither
          are a
          > right fit. ResearchInMotion offers a great BlabkBerry simulator and I am
          > hoping that there is a similar tool for the Windows Mobile environment.
          Thanks!
          >

• 2. Re: Ist there a Windows Mobile Browser Emulator
            Level 7
            Device Central in DW CS3 is exactly what you are looking for....

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
            ==================

"spuyear" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:fackgb$7cq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > As I continue converting my website to one usable on most mobile devices,
            > I
            > found that my site displays well in all devices EXCEPT Windows Mobile
            > browser.
            > I am unable to test my site in that environment since I do not use a
            > Windows
            > Mobile device.
            >
            > Is there a Windows Mobile emulator/simulator available on which I can test
            > the
            > look of my website? I know about BrowserCam and BrowserShots and neither
            > are a
            > right fit. ResearchInMotion offers a great BlabkBerry simulator and I am
            > hoping that there is a similar tool for the Windows Mobile environment.
            > Thanks!
            >

• 3. Re: Ist there a Windows Mobile Browser Emulator
              spuyear Level 1
              I thank you both for the replies. Unfortunately, neither exactly answers my question. I use Device Central, and it is GREAT. I also use the sites that Nancy recommends.

Unfortunately, both suggestions display what the site will look like with SSR. Since BlackBerry, Palm and Windows Mobile devices don't use SSR standard, my site displays differently on those devices.

I have been able to see what the site looks on BrackBerry and Palm using thier Simulators, but I have not found a similar tool for Windows Mobile.