4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2007 1:38 PM by ates91

mac/windows switch error

ates91
      I created a simple site on DW CS3 on my mac. I sent the entire site file over to someone on a windows computer. They called and told me that when they tried to open the index.html page (frameset), everything said "Page cannot be displayed", each individual page opens but with no flash buttons or pictures, all of which are in the same folder with the html document.

I am new to dreamweaver, please help!!
        • 1. Re: mac/windows switch error
          Level 7
          >I created a simple site on DW CS3 on my mac. I sent the entire site file
          >over
          > to someone on a windows computer. They called and told me that when they
          > tried
          > to open the index.html page (frameset), everything said "Page cannot be
          > displayed", each individual page opens but with no flash buttons or
          > pictures,
          > all of which are in the same folder with the html document.
          >
          > I am new to dreamweaver, please help!!

Impossible to say what the issue is without seeing your source code, but my
          guess is that you used folder or filenames with characters that are invalid
          in Windows.

Also frames and flash buttons are usually less than ideal features. You
          might want to look into alternatives for those.

-Darrel

• 2. Re: mac/windows switch error
            Level 7
            Have they "defined a site" in dreamweaver?

Is it defined to the SAME folder that you used as the Local Site Folder?

They should be able to find all this out by a quick glance at the code. Are
            the experienced??

--
            Alan
            Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 3. Re: mac/windows switch error
              ates91 Level 1
              none of the people involved are expirienced.

I could send the code to you if you want

The wierd thing is that I can open each individual page but if I open the frameset titled: index.html, all are "page cannot be displayed.
              • 4. Re: mac/windows switch error
                ates91 Level 1
                <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" " http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">
                <html xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
                <head>
                <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
                <title>Coastal Catering Company, Virginia Beach</title>
                </head>

<frameset rows="*" cols="146,*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0">
                <frame src="UntitledFrame-1.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="leftFrame" title="Left Picture Row" />
                <frameset rows="*" cols="*,153" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0">
                <frameset rows="267,*" cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0">
                <frame src="logo.html" name="topFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="topFrame" title="Logo Space" />
                <frameset rows="*,80" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
                <frame src="window.html" name="mainFrame" scrolling="auto" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />
                <frame src="UntitledFrame-3.html" name="bottomFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="bottomFrame" title="bottomFrame" />
                </frameset>
                </frameset>
                <frame src="UntitledFrame-2.html" name="rightFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="rightFrame" title="Right Picture Row" />
                </frameset>
                </frameset>
                <noframes><body>
                </body>
                </noframes></html>

this is the code if it helps at all