2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2010 10:14 AM by the_wine_snob

video corrupted while capturing with adobe

Raman Sivia

Hello,

I been using adobe for some time now, I have this problem it happens some times,

I capture my video using adobe (FireWire) and some time camera runs out of battery or computer freezes.  It corrupts the file it's capture due to just I couldn't hit stop button.

I do see the video file but it would not open , i tried repairing with Divx and few others but no luck.  There is no way for me to repair that file if not full maybe part of it 

Hopefully I will hear from some one who can help me

Raman

• 1. Re: video corrupted while capturing with adobe
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          I do see the video file but it would not open , i tried repairing with Divx and few others but no luck.

A useless move as you experienced. Divx can be used for watching, nothing else.

I capture my video using adobe (FireWire) and some time camera runs out of battery or computer freezes.  It corrupts the file it's capture due to just I couldn't hit stop button.

Use a wall outlet for power instead of a battery during capture. If this happens again, recapture.

• 2. Re: video corrupted while capturing with adobe
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            Use a wall outlet for power instead of a battery during capture

Might be some exceptions out there, but I have never seen a camera manual, that did not recommend running off of AC, when doing a Capture. I would not think of running off of the battery, even a lager-capacity one.

Good tip, Harm,

Hunt