1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2010 10:55 AM by Andrew Yoole

Authoring Movie For Play On Ipad HELP!!

kcmagic Level 1

I am trying to author a movie in After Effects in order to import and play on an IPad.

I would like the movie to play full screen on the IPD.

No matter what settings that I use for rendering or what resolution that I have tried so far, I can create a movie that plays on the computer and in ITunes but when I try to bring it into the IPad, it wont do it. It gives me the error message that the movie is unplayable on an IPad.

PLEASE, can someone tell me what settings are correct in order to render the movie so that it will play on this thing?

Simply rendering it to h264 is not enough.

PS I took screen shot of the IPad and tried to use it as the background of the movie. Therefore I made the movie the same resolution as the screenshot graphic.

That didn't work either.

I then saved the movie as a >mov and went into adobe media converter and tried to convert it to h264 at 720 x 480. Still a no go.

HELP!

• 1. Re: Authoring Movie For Play On Ipad HELP!!
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

From Apple's iPad specs:

H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Make sure your files have m4v, mp4 or mov as a suffix.  Make sure audio also has correct specs.