4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 1:32 AM by FRANCOIS DEJARDIN

Flash Builder Loop while pre-launch check

FRANCOIS DEJARDIN

Hi all,

I've just installed a new Flash Builder instance with Coldfusion builder plugin + some other cool features (Subversive, Taskstop...).

I've imported an exisisting project and everything seems to load properly after fixed privileges issues ( for Coldfusion builder and MXML design view).

But still one bigger problem... When i try to launch my project, the progress bar freeze at 6% performing pre-launch check).

There is no error output, so i can't send you any log :S

Don't find any solution on google and it seems that i'm the only guy facing this one

Is there anybody here that can help me ?

Thanks a lot !

Francois

• 1. Re: Flash Builder Loop while pre-launch check
          rtalton Level 4

I have a similar situation once a day in FB3 (in the morning--first attempt to launch a debug session), using the built-in ASP.NET server, when Flex cannot connect to the server before the browser starts up. It just gets stuck and I kill the browser, then cancel the debugger session. Next time, the .NET server is running and the debug session starts up with no problem.

HTH

• 2. Re: Flash Builder Loop while pre-launch check
            FRANCOIS DEJARDIN Level 1

Hi,

Yes, i know that issue but it is not the same as mine...

As i said, the launcher freeze at 6% while pre-launch checking...

I've read some threads here, and i think it could be related to permissions.. i'm reinstalling all stuffs now and will give you the result

btw thanks to you !

Francois

• 3. Re: Flash Builder Loop while pre-launch check

Hi,

I've reinstalled Flex Builder and Coldfusion builder as plugin with administrator privileges and launch it as "admimistrator" (Something that i don't understand because i'm the administrator by default).

Flash builder seems to be installed correctly, but i still have the same issue when launching an application.

It loops on "pre-launch" check at 6% and i don't get any error messages or output...

I've checked my project properties and everything is correctly define...

I've also reinstall flash player debug 10.1 in case it is related to... but without result..

I'm on Windows 7 and use Firefox as browser.

I become crazy about it !!!

Any helps would be great..

thanks

• 4. Re: Flash Builder Loop while pre-launch check

Mmmmhhh... I've finally found how to resolve this issue... but still have issue related to code highlight for Coldfusion files...

Here are the steps i follow to :

1. i've installed Flash Builder 4 as Administrator

2. I've installed ColdFusion Builder as plugin and as Administrator.

3. Right click on Flash Builder .exe and in shortcut -> advanced -> checked the as administrator launch

4. Right click on Flash Builder .exe and in compatibility -> checked "execute as admin".

Now Flash builder launch correctly and i can launch my applications without problems...

Weird.. but it works for me...

Still have to understand why coldfusion file aren't correctly highlighted...

chuss !