Can you furnish more details, like the source footage, the Project Preset, and then more details, like your I/O for your computer. This ARTICLE will give you some tips for all of those.
I agree with Hunt. This is most likely related to your source footage.
What type of camcorder did your video come from and how did you get it into your computer?
My project preset is Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder Standard 48kHz, with the camera itself being a Samsung VP-MX25E
It may be worthwhile mentioning that the footage has worked in the program for a very long time before these issue began.
To get the footage from camera to computer I connect it via the supplied USB cable and copy the footage into a folder, not directly into the program as I find this method of organisation much more efficient.
The source files are all MP4 Video files, 720x576, Data rate 5014kbps, Total bitrate 5134kbps, with 25 fps.
The audio has a bit rate of 119kbps, in stereo and with a sample rate of 24kHz (the audio also does not play)
I have Local Disk NTFS with 911 GB available to me and 102GB free. All my footage is stored on here, as is premiere.
Hope this is of help
I've solved the issue!
It was an extremely odd solution which I still can't fathom, but essentially the audio hardware was incorrect and had somehow been altered, but when I changed it back everything operates as usual!
Thanks for your help anyway!
Good news and thank you for reporting.
Windows updates have been known to do "odd" things like that