2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 6:09 AM by blue.shark

Problem reading pdfs through browser

markhagger11wcw

I have been trying to read pdfs through browser and I have Acrobat Reader 9 installed, however the following message keeps coming up and it won't allow

me to see them.....settings are wrong somewhere, how can I get this to work?

"The Adobe Acrofat/Reader that is running cannot be used to view PDF files in a web browser. Please exit Adobe Acrofat/Reader and exit your web browser and try again"

MH

• 1. Re: Problem reading pdfs through browser
          kewatson1

I've been having the same problem since I updated from 9.3.2 to 9.3.3.  I went to the knowledgebase and it instructed me to go to the Adobe Reader in my start menu, go to help and click on repair adobe reader installation.  I found that you cant actually click on the repair part though until you are at the very last step before you click print in your browser or else it doesn't work.  I also found that this is only a temporary fix and I've had to run this repair daily.

• 2. Re: Problem reading pdfs through browser
            blue.shark

I've the same problem.In fact after 9.3.3 Adobe Reader upgrade, I've a lot of problem opening many Pdfs through all browsers (Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome). I'm waiting for a release which fixes it. I'll try to fix it, downgrading to previous 9.3.0!