4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2012 8:39 AM by kglad

JSFL function exportPNG failing with "bitmap too large" error.

mr-blarg

I'm trying to export to PNG from the JSFL document.exportPNG function with 'bCurrentPNGSettings' but it fails. Flash keeps complaining that "The bitmap is too large. The largest bitmap that can be created is 8000x800 pixels."

The width x height of the document is set to 1920x1080 and I've tried modifying the publish profile appropriately. Still no-dice.

If I set 'bCurrentPNGSettings' to false so that the export dialog appears it pops up with the correct width and height; clicking OK exports properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.

• 2. Re: JSFL function exportPNG failing with "bitmap too large" error.
          darrendb

I am experiencing a similar problem. I have hundreds of symbols, most of which export just fine. A few symbols, however, do not. Although these symbols are typically modest in size, 1x49 pixels for example, Flash throws the error "The bitmap is too large. The largest bitmap that can be created is 8000x8000 pixels." which halts the script until it is acknowledged by the user.

It seems that this "too large" error might appear anytime the width or height is out of range, as in it is either too large OR too small. If you allow the Export PNG dialog box to appear (or manually do a File...Export Image...), it has a Width of 4 pixels. When I try to correct the value to 1 pixel, another error is shown saying "Please enter a number between 4 and 8000." Anything outside this range will not be accepted.

I also noticed that when I specified "false, true" for the optional 2nd and third parameters, the Export PNG dialog fails to appear.

I am using Flash Pro CS5 on a PC.

I tried this using Flash CS4/PC. I had an even worse time with the dialog, as I changed the width and height, it automatically changed the dpi from 72 to whatever value entered.

So in order for the script to be able to exportPNG on all of the symbols in the library, I have to first check the symbol's dimensions, and either abort the export operation, or correct the values, forcing a minimum dimension of 4 pixels.

• 3. Re: JSFL function exportPNG failing with "bitmap too large" error.
            Ninarama Level 1

Same problem here. I'm also using xJSFL, but that shouldn't be a problem. I get the same "8000x8000" error. I'm using Flash Pro CS6

There is absolutely NO way to export PNGs with a custom size because of this bug. Setting the document size before exporting doesn't help. It is always exported with the default document size.

One hint: The symbols I try to export are created via JSFL. Maybe this is a problem?