2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 10:52 PM by Eddie@adobe

Why do Stratus always block my IP?

Eddie@adobe

I am developing a flash chat website using Stratus.  When I did testing, say 10 connections to Stratus per minute, Stratus always blocked my IP  for 20 minutes!  How come? Does Adobe have limitations on connection to its Stratus service?  

Protocol:  UDP (Inbound)

Remote Address: 216.104.221.4 : 1935

Local Address: 192.168.1.101 :3105

A remote computer (216.104.221.4) attempted to connect to your computer on a  port commonly used by a remote access Trojan

horse. The attempt was blocked.

A computer with the IP address 216.104.221.7 attempted to connect to your computer using Default Block DeepThroat Trojan horse.

Although Stratus is free, I don't want the users of my website to have such an experience. Can Adobe staff give a reasonable explanation?  Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Why do Stratus always block my IP?
          AdamLane Level 1

I can speak to half of your question:

My guess is that you have Norton AntiVirus installed.  RTMFP will use the UDP protocol.  It looks like Norton AV is mistakenly reporting the RTMFP packet as a 'potential intrusion'.  It sounds like Norton has a generic block which is misidentifying and disallowing this network activity.

It's a "paranoid" firewall.  You'll have to configure it to be less paranoid.  It is annoying when AV software blocks legitimate operations.

A google search seems to indicate that this is a common occurence with many applications.  I wish I had a more specific recommendation for you, but I do not run Norton AV myself.

• 2. Re: Why do Stratus always block my IP?
            Eddie@adobe Level 1

Bingo, that's the reason!  Thanks, Adamlane!