6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2010 8:56 AM by RUSH-ME

ViewStack default property

RUSH-ME Level 3

Hi folks

I need the default property of the viewstack. Or may be for container.

I googled in doc and source code. but uncertain about the default property?

Thanks

Rush-me

• 1. Re: ViewStack default property
          VRPDeveloper Level 3

You want list of default proeprties ... or which default property...

Question is not clear...

• 2. Re: ViewStack default property
            RUSH-ME Level 3

According to my knowledge there should be one default property for viewstack or container.

• 3. Re: ViewStack default property
              VRPDeveloper Level 3

I think you want to know which is the default layout of viewstack... but My Friend A ViewStack navigator container consists of a collection of child   containers stacked on top of each other, where only one child   at a time is visible.

Viewstack is not used to layout components it is used to make child container visible according to selectedindex or selectedchild...

Hope you got my point!!!

If this post answers your question or helps, please kindly mark it as such.

• 4. Re: ViewStack default property
                RUSH-ME Level 3

Hi

Sorry to tell you that I think you are unware about default Property. Default property for datagrid is dataprovider. Like that way I want to know the default property of ViewStack or Container. If that exists let me know.

With Warm Regards

Rush-me

• 5. Re: ViewStack default property
                  BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi Rush-me,

Either selectedIndex or the selectedChild might be the default property for the ViewStack.

When you add a new child to a ViewStack container, the selectedIndex property is automatically adjusted, if necessary, so that the selected child remains selected.

But can I know why are so particular in knowing that ..I mean whats your purpose..with it?

Thanks,

Bhasker Chari

• 6. Re: ViewStack default property
                    RUSH-ME Level 3

Hi Bhaskar

Thanks for your time.

Its only curiosity. We are adding children to a viewstack or container without specifing any tags for that. So I think thare is a default property which is taking children as array or some thing like that.if i can know that property I add all the children at a time without calling addChild() again and again.

With Warm Regards

Rush-me