2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 4:46 PM by macdavid

Flash Builder exporting Flash files

macdavid Level 1

I really wish that Flash Builder made it easy to create Flash files. By that I mean to be able to create a simple Flash swf file for uses in a html file or import into Flash Cataylst I really wish that Flash Builder made it easy to create Flash files. By that I mean to be able to create a simple Flash swf file for uses in a html file or import into Flash Catalyst. I can't see Flash Catalyst as complete product for design unless I can import data components into Flash Catalyst to work on the over all design. Or better yet, FIX FLASH BUILDER by adding Flash Catalyst functionality so I can get my work done on one place. Flash Catalyst is just not complete.

• 1. Re: Flash Builder exporting Flash files
          arshorten Adobe Employee

Hi David,

It's not clear from your post what you are trying to achieve - if you can describe the project you're working on what you're trying to create then maybe we can help.

Thanks,

Andrew

Senior Product Manager, Flash Builder

• 2. Re: Flash Builder exporting Flash files
            macdavid Level 1

1.)  I would like the ability from Flash Builder to create SWF files to use in a html page like Flash, not a full page SWF file. I know you can do it but I thinking more like a Flex module. I find Flash a pain and would rather use Flash Builder.

2.) Flash Catalyst is just not complete, so I would like the ability to move between Flash Builder and Flash Catalyst.  I might be designing a page that has a Data Grid, so I would to build the Data Grid in Flash Builder , import it into Flash Catalyst and continue my work.