8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 8:54 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Encoder

randcourtney7206 Level 1

I was just made aware that Adobe Media Encoder is available somewhere in  CS5 but I will be darned if I can find it anywhere.. Where is this  program located?

• 1. Re: Encoder
          shooternz Level 6

Try...Export Media

It is also Standalone and can be opened separately as an application.

• 2. Re: Encoder
            randcourtney7206 Level 1

I initially looked for the stand alone version in my CS5 folder with nothing.

I already tried all the obvious export options and render Q and nothing there either.

• 3. Re: Encoder
              shooternz Level 6

Render Queue is in After Effects .

Adobe Media Encoder must be in your Programs (Applications)  as standalone if you installed the Suite correctly.

PPRO:  Menu Bar> File>Export 

(must be in your Premiere.  There is no way to not have it)

Cant help you anymore sorry.

• 4. Re: Encoder
                Harm Millaard Level 7

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS5\Adobe Media Encoder.exe

• 5. Re: Encoder
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Does a normal installation of CS4 and CS5 add an icon to AME on the Desktop, or must a user create the shortcut to it?

Just curious here.

Hunt

PS - actually, I cannot recall what earlier versions did with similar, as I usually go into my program folders and find apps., like Bridge, and add the shortcut, immediately after installation. Same for the old Image Ready from PS up to CS2 - I like having the shortcuts handy, even if one has access to them from within the "master" program.

• 6. Re: Encoder
                    shooternz Level 6

In  Win 7 ...CS5 applications are installed to "ALL Programs" Menu as a Folder with all the applications.

I have always created a Desktop short cut to those I want from there.

I dont think any versions have auto installed  the icons  to the desktop.

Its still curious why the OP cant access AME from within PPRO.

(Maybe Harm was correct and the OP was wanting to find it on the HDD)

I suspect noob error !.

• 7. Re: Encoder
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Craig,

Thanks. Like I mentioned, I will create any shortcuts, that might not come up automatically, so cannot even remember which shortcuts were created on installation, and which ones I just added.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Encoder
                        Todd_Kopriva Level 8

No, no shortcut is created automatically on the desktop.