4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 8:32 AM by Mylenium

User interface Crash

duffman6789

Hello all.

I recently purchased CS5 master suite for my 64 bit vista system. Everything works great except for after effects. I opened it once and it ran fine but after that whenever I open it, it holds up and forces me to close at "loading user interface". I've looked through the threads on here and nothing seems to work. Has anyone found a sure solution? This is killing me.

• 1. Re: User interface Crash
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Please provide more info about your system and its configuration as well as what you did the one time AE worked. Your post is devoid of anything useful. Also trash the prefs and any AE related user config for workspaces, the media cache and so on. In short: AE crashed the last time and something got lost. You can of course rebuild the prefs for the rest of eternity, but that, as anyone would agree, might get potentially tiresome, so we need to get to the bottom of this.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: User interface Crash
            duffman6789 Level 1

I am running a 2.67 i7 with 9 GB or ram and an Nvidia Geforce GTS 250. As for what i did the first time I opened it, absolutely nothing. I opened it just to check it out. I did not change anything and it was only open for a few minutes. After that i have been unable to open it.

• 3. Re: User interface Crash
              duffman6789 Level 1

P.S. I just cleared my prefs. and it is now working. Will this solve the problem permanently and did I mess anything else up by removing this?

• 4. Re: User interface Crash
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Keep an eye peeled on this. You are stil la victim of the infamous "crash on exit" and it may reappear at any time. If it does, check your Windows Event Viewer for more detzails on the cause. Most of these "invisible" crashes relate to multiprocessing (background instances do not shut down correctly), OpenGL (graphics driver problems) or Adobe's auxiliary services (QTserver, dynamiclinkserver etc.) going belly up. Depending on which, you can find solutions here on this forum, the knowledgebase or just ask, if you can't find one.

Mylenium