• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the Contents tab of CHM help be opened by default?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RoboHelp HTML 7.0.3.001 and generate Microsoft HTML Help as the output file of my project. Each time I open generated CHM file, the only default topic is displayed. Then I should click Show button on the toolbar to view the Contents tab containing folders and other topics...

It seems to me, in the previous versions of the RoboHelp (may be in x5 version), there was a check box in Project Settings that allowed me to open TOC panel when the help was opened.

Could this be configured somewhere in RoboHelp 7.0.3.001? I can't find an appropriate option and hope for your help

Thanks in advance,

Olga

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Hi there

Indeed you may control this. You do it via the Window Properties. So click View > Pods > Project Set-up. Then expand the Windows folder and double-click the CHM window to see the Windows Properties.

You should be interested in the Tri-pane Options area. Ensure that the option Hide Nav Pane on Startup isn't enabled.

tmp1.PNG

If you find it's not enabled, try enabling it and dismissing the dialog to re-write the values. Then open the dialog again and clear the option.

If this fails, you may simply nee

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed you may control this. You do it via the Window Properties. So click View > Pods > Project Set-up. Then expand the Windows folder and double-click the CHM window to see the Windows Properties.

You should be interested in the Tri-pane Options area. Ensure that the option Hide Nav Pane on Startup isn't enabled.

tmp1.PNG

If you find it's not enabled, try enabling it and dismissing the dialog to re-write the values. Then open the dialog again and clear the option.

If this fails, you may simply need to create a new window and assign it in the Single Source Layout recipe.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! It works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp