8 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2012 12:46 PM by cml1946

document will not save

nymac12

Document will not save or "save as' so i can say put it on my desk

top and e mail it to some one or just keep it there for future use

• 1. Re: document will not save
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well we're going to need a little more information that that.

Where is this document (web site, email, local server...etc)? What version of Reader are you using?

Please provide as much detail as possible (don't feel like you have to limit it to my two questions) so we can help you out here.

• 2. Re: document will not save
            nymac12 Level 1

The document is from a financial programme I use. I access the programme through

the internet.I am using version 9.3. Come to think of it I have two shortcuts on

my desktop for adobe reader. Don't believe that is an issue though as reader is

opening and saving all sorts  of other documents on my computer ,just not on

this particular programme I am using. it used to work fine on this financial

programme until about a week ago

• 3. Re: document will not save
              sequoia4

Hello,

I am afraid I am having the same problem. My adobe reader version is 9.3.3. Once I downloaded an article in pdf it is opening in a new adobe window but nothing happen when I hit the "save" icon. Ctrl "s' doesn't work as well. I tried unimstalling adobe et installing it again but it is still the same. Is it a problem concerning web security, conflict with another software.... I would appreciate any help. Thank you

• 4. Re: document will not save

Ca either of you right click on the link to the document and choose to save it from there?

• 5. Re: document will not save
                  sequoia4 Level 1

You are right. I did a right click on the link and was able to save the file as a pdf in my hard drive. What does it mean. Can this problem could be fixed? If not thank you very much: i will be able to work with this trick. I am running windows 7, internet explorer 8.

• 6. Re: document will not save
                    nymac12 Level 1

Afraid not ;  right clicking brings up the "save' icon but when i click on that

nothing happens

• 7. Re: document will not save

Generally if you can't save by right-clicking, it's either an issue with the site or your system. Right clicking doesn't involve Reader at all so that won't be the issue.

If you CAN right-click and save, then it could be the reader plug-in having issues with the browser. Other than reinstalling REader, I'm not sure what you would do (someone else may be along with some better advice).

nymac12 wrote:

Afraid not ;  right clicking brings up the "save' icon but when i click on that

nothing happens

• 8. Re: document will not save
                        cml1946

When I have two images and flatten them, Elements 9 will not let me save it to a jpg or any format.  This a new imac and new elements 9