0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 2:20 PM by gary.liu07

How to stack multiple text fields that is created by checkboxes

gary.liu07 Level 1

Hi all,

Here is what I am trying to accomplish but with no success so far and was hoping someone can shed some light. Thanks in advance.

I have a list of 16 items with YES and NO checkboxes next to them on page 1. Like this:

2.jpg

Now, say the user checks YES on item number 1, 3, 5, 6, 11, and 16; I want the each checkbox that is checked to create a text field associated with that item on the second page so the user can input more information regarding each of checked items. And these text fields will appear on the second page like this (The second page is completed blank to begin with):

3.jpg

The order that items are checked does not have to be in sequence. For example, this is the order the items are checked: 5, 1, 3, 11, 16, and 6. It will insert text fields in that order, one after another. And if there are more items checked, the text field may take up more than just the second page. Is it possible to move on to the third page?

And for simplicity, there will be a button on the first page that resets all the checkboxes regardless of what is checked, this I can do through the Action panel. But in addition, this button will delete all the text fields that were created before hand, this I don't know how to do.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm in a time crunch to get this completed.

Thanks,

Gary