4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 5:25 AM by Steve Grisetti

PE 7-  Help with Filling Shapes

Last Minute Video Level 1

Having trouble with something pretty basic (I thought)...

How do I fill a shape (rectangle, circle, etc) that I create on a Title from the toolbar?

When I select one of the shape tools, I can create one in the Title area but I can't figure out how to fill it with color.

Tried COLOR PROPERTIES but FILL is not 'active'.

Appreciate some enlightenment on this.

Thanks!

John

sr71 -at- comcast.net

• 1. Re: PE 7-  Help with Filling Shapes
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When the shape is selected in the Titler workspace, Color Properties will be active and you can open it and color your shape.

As I say in my books, you can select a shape you've already drawn by switching to the Selection Tool (the arrow) in the Titles Toolbar and then clicking on the shape.

• 2. Re: PE 7-  Help with Filling Shapes
            the_wine_snob Level 9

To follow up Steve's comment on Fill, if you also wish to Stroke the Shape, you will first apply a Stroked Style (from the Style's Library), and can then adjust that Stroke.

If you have a lot of common work, say a reoccurring Shape with both Stroke & Fill, you can Save your Style, and reuse it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PE 7-  Help with Filling Shapes
              Last Minute Video Level 1

My mistake... OOPS!

I selected a TITLE that must have had a transparent background (BLUENOTES_LWR_THIRD).

I usually start by selecting any TITLE then deleting the default graphics in it to create a black b/g.

From there, I make copies of the b/g and use those for my custom titles (Intro, end, etc.) which I add TEXT to.

Once I selected GENERIC1_TITLE, and deleted the default graphics, I was able to add RECTANGLE to it

and modify the fill color.

I know there's probably an easier/better way to create titles; just haven't had the time to 'explore' more.

Thanks for the quick reply!

John

• 4. Re: PE 7-  Help with Filling Shapes
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you had one my books you'd know you can by-pass the whole title templates area and start with a blank title just by clicking on the little 'T' icon in the lower right of the Monitor panel rather than going through the Titles panel.