2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2010 2:14 AM by Mihai Balan

How to change html-css cursor style in Adobe Air?

flexo222

We all know how to change cursor style in  Html pages, of course using css such as,
      'cursor: url("move.cur"),  move'.
      But when I use it in Adobe Air, it will not show the standard  cursor style in browser, but the special ones in Adobe. For example, the  'move' cursor shows like a hand(the same with the move hand in Acrobat  Reader), not like a crosshair.
      I tried to use 'url' option in CSS,  but it doesn't work in Adobe Air(I'm sure that it works in html  browsers).
      I am really confused. And looking forward to your  solutions.

• 1. Re: How to change html-css cursor style in Adobe Air?
          flexo222 Level 1

please  help, I have:

#content{
             cursor:url('images/x.png'), default;
          }

in firefox, safari, chrome works well, but in AIR 2 does not  work, why?
          i need to know if AIR  does not support that kind of cursor, or if I'm doing something wrong.

please help me!

• 2. Re: How to change html-css cursor style in Adobe Air?
            Mihai Balan Adobe Employee

Hi flexo222,

Currently Adobe AIR does not support custom CSS cursors and only some of the "default" cursors available in CSS.

You could however use the following ActionScript workaround if you don't need a very complex behavior:

* on mouseOver have the default cursor hidden

* on mouseMove have a custom cursor drawn and positioned via ActionScript

* on mouseOut have the custom cursor hidden and the default cursor shown.

I have attached a sample that should make things clearer. Feel free to ask if there's anything not clear.

Cheers,

Mihai