4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 1:31 PM by Günter Schenk

Multiple Image Uploading Question

Mpeg_Frenzie Level 1

Please forgive my ignorance here but I saw the question on multiple image uploading and this is something i have been trying to do for a few days now without any success.

I am using CS3 with ADDT and PHP

I want to allow my users to be able to upload say 5 pictures at a time, each user has multiple photo albums the names of which are stored in mysql table, the image name is stored in a different table with a reference to the album id.

So, I assume that i put an insert record on the page, I followed the usual process used to have a single image upload and thought it would give me or add the extra file field options on the form when telling the multi upload to allow 5 images to be uploaded, not the case. Do i have to create a form on the page first with 5 file fields or am i just missing the plot here.

Sorry if this is just something that seems simple but i just don't seem to be able to get it to work at all. I have no working example to look over and have serach google to see if there are any tutorials for doing this but can't find any at all.

Thank you in advance of any help and guidance given

Regards

Ray

• 1. Re: Multiple Image Uploading Question
          Günter Schenk Level 4

Mpeg_Frenzie wrote:

Do i have to create a form on the page first with 5 file fields

If you need to have individual file fields, you´d better create the form first (using the Insert or Update Record wizard), set the desired columns to be represented as file upload fields, and - after the form has been created - attach individual "Upload and Resize image" server behaviours for each file upload field.

Cheers,

Günter

• 2. Re: Multiple Image Uploading Question
            Mpeg_Frenzie Level 1

Hi Günter

Thank you for your reply and also for the great tutorial site you run which has helped me quite a lot with several things.

ok, so i am maybe a little confused here, so what is the multiple image uploader for if not for uploading multiple images, and how does it give you the option to select more than one file or is it that you can't use it when inserting the image file into a database?

Please forgive my ignornace again, i can see when i have tried using the multiple image upload thatit puts a text link called upload, what is that for because it doesn't seem to do anything on the page i have tried it on?

Kind Regards

Ray

• 3. Re: Multiple Image Uploading Question
              Mpeg_Frenzie Level 1

Hi Again

Also, to mention that these image names are not going into different columns in the database they are in the same column just a new record for each image file name, so when i try to use or add another image upload and resize trigger it says i can't because there is already exists a upload and resize image using the transaction field.

Basically i have created using the insert record a form with one file field and then added 4 more file fields and named them as image2, image3 and so on, then tried attach a upload and resize to each one.

Obviously this is wrong lol

Regards

Ray

• 4. Re: Multiple Image Uploading Question
                Günter Schenk Level 4

Hi Ray,

ok, so i am maybe a little confused here, so what is the multiple image uploader for if not for uploading multiple images,

it´s, guess what, for uploading multiple images :-) I just assumed you wanted additional file upload fields, what´s not supported by ADDT´s Multiple Image Uploader, because this feature is based on a Flash Multiple File Upload widget and not regular HTML file upload fields at all.

when i have tried using the multiple image upload thatit puts a text link called upload, what is that for because it doesn't seem to do anything on the page i have tried it on?

You´ll only get to see this link in browsers which don´t have the Flash plugin installed -- in this case the visitor will at least be able to upload single files. As cool as the Flash based Multiple File Upload widget is, this strength is also a possible weakness at the same time, because if you´re not sure if your website visitors all do have the Flash Plugin installed, you might as well give them 5 HTML file upload fields which - of course - have to point to individual database table columns.

Cheers,

Günter

1 person found this helpful