2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 1:48 PM by formerHPer

PE 7 output to IPOD no video, audio only

formerHPer Level 1

I have a problem using PE7 files built for IPOD's. I have a Ipod with 4.0 software and ITunes 9.0 on Win7 with PE 7.0

Output for iPod and iPhone - High Quality generates a file that works on the Wiin 7 Quicktime player - but when

sync'ed to the iPod it only plays the audio track - no video is shown at all.

I have done this with two different video's and built each at least twice with the same result.

Any ideas ?

• 1. Re: PE 7 output to IPOD no video, audio only
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If it plays with iTunes and Quicktime, then you've produced a successful MP4. It might be worth checking with Apple to see why the iPod isn't playing it.

Are you using Share/Portable Device/iPod to create the file on your computer and then manually moving it to your iPod?

• 2. Re: PE 7 output to IPOD no video, audio only
            formerHPer Level 1

Thanks - I am using ITunes to sync the video file (as I do with other video files I don't produce).

My thought was it is a valid mpeg file.My thought was if PE 7 is naming the iPod as a share

format - Adobe should have some experience doing this and may know if the iPod 4.0 opsys

is still supported (iPod recently released the 4.0 opsys which has a number of new features)

I have posted on the Apple iPod forums (july 10) and have no responses at all. I may have to

phone Apple to find a solution to this.